Thursday, September 18, 2008

A Finish

Well here it is. This is the sampler for my Father in Laws wife Elisa. Read about it here. She wanted a queen size for her bed so it is 88X103, 16 blocks with 3 inch sashing and corner stones. It really came out nice.


The quilting is sparse on the top and leaves around the sides. I wanted the blocks to be the main attraction.


I packed it in a Mr. Coffee box with a hand written address label shipped standard then asked for $500.00 insurance. You should have seen the look on the postmistress's face. She was quite perplexed. I finally broke down and told her what was in the box.

The quilt show is this weekend. Tomorrow I get to photograph the quilts and make CD's for sale. I did it last year too. If you want one just email me. They cost $5.00. There are 302 entries this year.

1 comment:

Dionne said...

your quilt really looks fabulous. It will be such a great memory for your MIL, of both her performance and her DIL. And I think the final layout works really well.