Sunday, August 3, 2008

Quilt blocks from "The Quilter"

My wonderful Father in Law(he reads my blog) bought at silent auction quilt blocks for his wife. She was in the theatrical production of The Quilter and wanted the blocks for her birthday. He asked me to make a quilt out of them. I am honored for the privilege but does he know I am a new(3yr) quilter?
I have 16 blocks one on point. Most are the same size one too big and one too small. What fun this will be I will need lots of advice. I am thinking that I'll put muslin sashing between with green corner stones. and border it to make a queen. Any other ideas?

1 comment:

Dionne said...

These are beautiful blocks, this will be such a wonderful gift!

All the blocks will look good on-point, but the one on-point block might stick out in a traditional horizonal format.

I am sure whatever you do will turn out fabulous.

Keep Quiltin'
Dionne