Thursday, August 21, 2008

Shirt Strips and One Dress

After I dropped the kids at school and went to the gym, saw a couple of patients I hit my favorite second hand stores looking for ....... well, whatever (because I could). I found a sale, fifty cents for all clothes! I bought men's shirts first for my DH's closet. If he doesn't wear them I will add them to shirts strips collection. I did get a chambray dress with lots of fabric. I could hardly wait to cut it up. So I did. I have 3.5 strips and 2in strips. Then I added it to my already cut up mens shirts and now I have a wonderful collection. I woke this morning wondering which pattern to make. I feel like a woman possessed (again). I am considering strip twist.
or Patches and pinwheels. at Quiltville.
or maybe I will wait for Bonnie's book to come out. what do you think? I am open to all kinds of suggestions.

You can see how happy I am. My 6yo with a camera. I am tall but not that tall. I have included this photo because I hope to encourage you guys to do the same. I would love to see more pictures of the wonderful bloggers I read so much of. I feel like we're a great big group of friends.

2 comments:

Dionne said...

What a fabulous bonanza of fabric! It's a fabri-feast! Nice pic too! My son (albeit, he's 4) tends to take pictures of my knees, my bum, and sometimes my shoulder... but never one as nice as that! Great smile!

Lurline said...

Hi Tamara,
Thanks for visiting my place - I see you are on the same road as Bonnie with your collecting of fabrics. I love to see photos of folks, too so good on you for encouraging others!
Hugs - Lurline.