Saturday, September 13, 2008

Old Tobacco Road Colors

This is a message I got on quiltchat so I thought I would answer it here.

"Tamara,
I wanted to know what color choices you made in your OTR quilt. Love how rich the colors look.
Judi in Ohio"

I took OTR out side to photograph it. To show you more of the true colors. Individually the colors aren't anything special. The browns are kinda red/purple browns. I got them off of my mom's stash shelf. They are dated. I put some orangy browns and deep magenta with them and they played well together.

There are only 4 lights in the pinwheels and 4patches. They are creamy to slightly rusty colors.




I am pleased with how it turned out, and happy to talk about it. I hope this helps. Thanks for asking.

4 comments:

Candace said...

Your OTR is very beautiful. The colors are outstanding. I'm anxious to get mine done, but it probably won't be until the first of next year. It is a goal, and that's not a bad thing.

Dionne said...

Your OTR is gorgeous! The fabrics don't look dated to me, they have blended well together for a wonderfully rich feel.

Marion said...

Hello Tamara,

I can't say a word, because the words I need, must be created.

Your Quilt is wonderful, I wish that mine will turn out as beautiful as yours.

Love,

Marion

Quiltingfool said...

Since I am the author of the asked question I must admit that I think Tamara is a master at picking the right color for the right quilt. She hasn't failed me yet. Everyone tells me I'm great at colors - maybe so, maybe not, but Tamara is undisputed queen of color as far as I'm concerned.