Thursday, July 24, 2008

Progress


Yesterday we made progress on my quilting studio. DH and I were on the roof of the wood shed removing the asphalt sheets that were rotten. I did not know that I had a problem with heights. Being a former skydiving instructor, with 1500 skydives, I never would have guessed that that was something that I would develop in my old age. As I shimmied up the ladder I got to the middle of the perch and sat my heart was pounding. I sat my hammer down, it and my nail box slid right off the the edge. I freaked out a little and had to maneuver down the ladder to retrieve my tools. When I stubbornly reappeared on the roof my DH said it was not necessary to continue. However, I knew more would get done if I helped. It was getting hot. I faced my fear and felt more at home by the time I was done.


My DD is still at Hume Lake Christian Camp. We miss her. We will pick her up at their lunch stop on the way home as we head south to Disneyland. I am on vacation next week and its time for more family fun. Here is a photo of the cookies I sent her. DH stumbled into the this recipe Best chocolate chip cookie ever. Delicious.

No comments: