Monday, October 20, 2008

Paralyzed by Indecision

Have any of you had so many options of what to do first that nothing gets done? That is the way it has been for a week now. I am down to hand stitching the binding on the Old Tobacco Road quilt so I have to save that for a time that I am away from home at the park or a soccer game or something. My quandary is to:

1. Do Judy Laquidara's BOM in another color? When I went to pick more colors from my stash I got the same color scheme.

2. Virginia Bound from Bonnie's Book? I need more light shirt scraps. I have tons of already cut scrap strips.

3. Take those strips and do Pineapple Blossom? I have always loved that one.

4. On Penny Quilts she has done Carole Doak's paper pieced Mariners Compass. I liked it so much I bought the book.

5. I have those Bali Pop strips and found this great site 2nd Ave Studio for the tutorial.

6. I love those wonky log cabin blocks from Tallgrass Prarie studio The tutorial is great.

7. Start on one of the quilts I told friends I would make them. I have learned not to ask them what they want, just to get done what I want to do then ask which one they want.


I am leaning tword the Wonky Log Cabin. I know that there is so much more to be concerned about than my next project. I try not to worry about anything out of my control. It seems that my projects are the only thing under my control so here I go, deciding which one to start.

I made it to the gym 3 times last week and fell way behind on my cardio goal. Today while waiting to pick up my son from soccer practice I jogged around the track a few times IN A SKIRT! I had my shoes but no gym clothes. I asked him if he and his friends were laughing at the old lady in a dress. They didn't notice.

2 comments:

Granny said...

Oh, just grab something and start working on it. I do sometimes get in that position where I can't decide what to do next and nothing gets done but . . that's a waste of good quilting time, you know?

scraphappy said...

You can't go wrong with the pineapple blossom. It is a great quilt and a fast finish. I have made a couple now, and could easily make a couple more.