Monday, April 20, 2009

Quilt Shack Done

It's done! The inside of my quilt shack is done. I have moved a few things inside. The bookshelves need to be anchored so I haven't filled them up yet. Maybe tonight.See the spot for my design wall and the exercise area?
A few posts ago I posted my favorite quilt for the virtual quilt show. It was Old Tobacco Road in fallish colors. I really like the colors used in that quilt so I pulled out the scraps and took inspiration from SoScrappy. Wonky stars with the center squares already completed.

10 comments:

StitchinByTheLake said...

How beautiful! I know you're gonna love it. :) blessings, marlene

Sunna Reyr said...

What a wonderful place. Congratulation.

Don Lund said...

You will need to come in to the house to eat, shower and get dressed. Otherwise you could probably just live out there.
Very neat.

Don

scraphappy said...

Wow! I just love your stars. I'm so proud to have inpired you.
Now that I see your quilt shack with furniture in it, it seems much larger than I had pictured. Congratulations on getting it finished.

audreypawdrey said...

This is so lovely! You are really going to enjoy having this little oasis to yourself. It is beautiful!

heather said...

It looks great!

Dionne said...

What a wonderful Quilt "Shack" I can't believe it's done already! It didn't take long at all! It's looking GREAT! I love how you set aside an exercise area.
Cheers,
Dionne
PS - really like the scrappy stars, loved the colors in OTR as well.

Marion said...

Congratulations for your Quilt shack. I dream of something like this. But no chance for me. My husband is a postie and no Quilt shack builder - unfortunatly. But perhaps in our hopefully soon found appartment I will have a room for me and my quilting stuff....

Enjoy it!

Marion

Fiber Happy said...

Your shack looks wonderful. You need a better ergonomic chair to sew in though. Arm rests are tough on the shoulders. Enjoy!

Malissa said...

What a lovely, restful place! I look forward to seeing you fill it up with your creativity.