Sunday, April 25, 2010

A Thank You Quilt

I have a very good friend that gets to start over after a divorce. This happens to be the same friend that taught me to quilt in the first place. Her life is so busy that she does not have time to sew. I am going to make her a new quilt for her new bed. I am excited to start a new project and excited to give a great big thank you to a friend that took a semi willing participant to a quilt store and changed her life.This is the focus fabric. I got it at the last quilt show I went to but they only had one yard. I searched high and low at the 4 quilt shops mere in our area but no go. I found it here at the www.oldcountrystorefabrics.com I ordered on Thursday and received it on Monday! Way faster than I expected. I will shop there again. I am going to make this pattern that is in the Moda Bake Shop. Designed by Vicky at spun sugar quilts.

I took the girls to the Ben Franklin to shop for the coordinating fabrics (not the novelty blue).

In the mean time I opened up my Bali Pop and started sewing. I saw a great pattern that I thought I could replicate pretty easily. We will see how it turns out.
With the weather being so nice I can't justify keeping the kids at home while I sew my little heart out. I know that I can't let these days pass by and not absorb all the vitamin D I can.




1 comment:

scraphappy said...

I see some very pretty quilts in your future. Can't wait to see them all come together.