Thursday, January 22, 2009

It's Raining!

Yeah, it's raining. That might not sound like much to the rest of the country but we have been very dry here. The last time it snowed here was Christmas. The local ski resort was pretty slushy with the 60 degree temps the last couple of weeks. I am not complaining mind you. I just have not experienced enough winter yet and we need the water! With it raining here it is probably contributing to the snow pack a bit higher.
I started my day off a bit slow this morning. I sat at my desk in my PJs until 7:13am in the quiet, blog surfing with a cup a Joe. What a nice way to start the day. Unless it is a work and school day! I couldn't bring myself to wake the children and start the morning pandemonium. Well that it was, pandemonium. 35 minutes to get myself and 4 darling children out of the house. We made it 45, stopped at the store to pick up snack for Alea's class and made it to school right when the bell rang. It was not pretty or pleasant for anyone. Was it worth it? I say not. I will take a lesson from "The Flylady" and get dressed to my shoes before I leave my room. If I want to sit and do nothing I will do it after all the stuff is done.


I was playing with the super Zoom on my camera today and found Tammy's necklace a cool target. I want to know how to take those cool pictures where the foreground and the background are out of focus and the item of interest is perfectly clear. Really, I want to know. If you know share with me. Do I need a special camera? Lens? Or just a special setting?
I have a Minolta Konica Z6 My DBIL gifted to me.

Here is a little lady that came to see me today. I was struck by the combination of colors she was wearing offset by her eyes. This would have been another opportunity for that focal length thing.
For the progress on the quilt shack....not much. DH started framing the deck while it was nice out. He is waiting for the electrician to wire it. My DD loves to swing. I think I am going to borrow that 1X4 to roll my Double Delight quilt top on so I can baste it. I am going to try Sharon Schamber's method of basting. Here it the link on Utube. I hear lots of good things about it on Quiltville chat.
I did manage to get a cool shot of the fire I started tonight in our wood stove.

2 comments:

Dionne said...

That is a cool shot of the fire! I can't believe you managed 45min, I schedule more than an hour for my fast child and sometimes as much as 2 hours for my slow one ~ I do all the work for my little guy, so... that happens while the others muddle through. My day starts at 5am, and its bang, bang, bang until the school bell rings. Good luck with the photography, your camera is very cool!
Cheers,
Dionne

Kathy said...

I know what you mean about starting the day just alone, suring and have a cup. I do that on weekends, but can't during the week.

Love that camera! If you figure out how to do the pictures, let me know. I think that is so cool and don't know how to do it either.