Wednesday, February 15, 2012

This is what I have made so far this year.

This is what I have made so far this year. A Roman Stripe quilt set up in an arrangement that was pleasing to me. I did not care for the traditional set up with all the stripe points facing the same way. I saw it on a blog somewhere and then lost it. Sorry for not giving credit. 

I started with 5, 1 1/2 inch strips. Sewed them together and cut them in triangles the cut black triangles to match. Voila.... a striking colorful quilt for my wall in my treatment room. It measures 65"X65" or there about.

 The next undertaking was this snowflake quilt. I have had the idea rolling around in my head for sometime and decided it was time to put it into life. I used chambray fabric from clothes I bought at a thrift store a while back...4 years ago. 12 inch blocks and then I folded white fabric squares like I would for paper snowflakes and cut. I did go through a few of them before I Googled snowflake patterns and got an idea how to make them interesting. A simple raw edged applique to stick them on and away I went. It measures 65"X85"This quilt also hangs on the wall at my office.

Quilts not only provide easy decor, but also some sound absorption.

9 comments:

kathy said...

that Quilt u made for your treatment room is awesome. You might price it and one of your Clients can buy it. Price it high enuf tho..dont undervalue your talent. anyone can buy a 39.00 sale quilt from the big box stores. homemade Quilts on the otherhand are priceless.

Admin said...

http://turkey-in-holiday.blogspot.com/
Turkey Travel And Holidays

johny said...

i must say i like ur blog ur work is appreciable

dailylinkbuilding
blogcommenting

Jason2011 said...

Monster Headphones

hoganshoesonsale said...

This avoids the problem of selecting Moncler Onlineand matching for a large number of ensembles over and over. On the Internet you are able to buy baby clothes at discounted wholesale prices so theyNorth Face Jackets are more affordable. When it involves contemporary apparel for your infant, cheap wholesale baby clothes in multiple sizes can be a new mother's helping hand.

abigail said...

sac a dos louis vuitton
sac de voyage louis vuitton
sac louis vuitton 2012
sac louis vuitton blanc
sac louis vuitton bleu
sac louis vuitton brun
sac louis vuitton classic
sac louis vuitton couleur
sac louis vuitton forfait affaires
sac louis vuitton gris
sac louis vuitton messenger
sac louis vuitton noir

nana linsai said...

I have found these links and the entire article very useful and worth reading. I would def recommend it to others to read atleast once.
Bolsos Gucci
Bolsos Chanel
Bolsos Burberry
Bolsos Hermes
Bolsos Louis Vuitton
Bolsos Prada
Burberry Echarpe
Sacs Burberry
Sacs Burberry New
burberry Paris
burberry pas cher
foulard burberry 2012

Alice said...

Boucle d'oreille chanel soldes
Boucle d'oreille juicy couture soldes
Boucle d'oreille louis vuitton soldes
Boucle d'oreille tiffany soldes
Boucle d'oreille vivienne westwood soldes
Boucle sac louis vuitton
Bracelet chanel
Bracelet juicy
Bracelet Links
Bracelet louis vuitton
Bracelet Vivienne
Collier chanel
Collier juicy
Collier louis vuitton
Collier Vivienne
Lunettes de soleil

authon said...

Nice photo
commercial dispute resolution